Central Aid is a human development-oriented non-profit agency of the International Central Gospel Church (ICGC) with the mandate to coordinate and implement the church’s corporate social responsibility to our people, communities, and nation at large.
Central Aid is the brainchild of Dr. Mensa Otabil, Founder and General Overseer of ICGC, who from personal experience has a deep compassion for needy youth whose educational attainment is hindered by financial constraints.
Central Aid was established in 1988 as an educational trust to provide financial assistance to brilliant but needy students in secondary, technical and vocational institutions in Ghana.
However, since 1996 the scope of activities of Central Aid, has been expanded to include relief services, community development, advocacy and career guidance and counseling.
- Educational Grants and Scholarships - To provide financial support to brilliant but needy students in second-cycle and tertiary institutions;
- Relief and Development - To provide relief and support services to communities affected by disaster
- Social and Community Development - To execute development projects to raise the standard of living of underprivileged communities
- Advocacy - To implement community awareness programmes to address challenges facing society and
- Career Guidance and Counseling - To provide career guidance and counseling services to the youth.